Do you have an extensive experience with open-source, cross-platform runtime environments for developing server-side web applications?
Company and project background
We are a Swiss-based software company specializing in the development of quantitative web applications that help energy traders reduce market risk.
Over the past year, we have been focusing on building our flagship trading Software as a Service that allows renewable power producers to make informed decisions about their power sales in the market.
We are a team of 8 top notch mathematicians and programmers engaging in algorithmic trading of renewable energy and are looking for a talented software engineer to join our team. If you are looking for a great team vibe and stimulating tasks related to machine learning or real-time trading of wind and solar production, then this opportunity is the right one for you.
What to Expect as a senior backend software engineer?
You will be given the responsibility of engineering backend services for enterprise consumption in a cloud stack. You will assist a global team of developers in utilizing the best-in-practice architecture, database and design patterns in web development. You will be expected to think in an abstract or computational way to provide solutions to help scalability and handle complex business logic. Creativity in solution implementations is welcomed!
Skills & Requirements
A successful senior backend software engineer will demonstrate the following qualifications:
• At least 10 years of hands-on experience with software development
• Master or PhD degree in mathematics, physics, computer Science or a quantitative field
• General knowledge of back-end web development. Front-end knowledge is a plus
• Good communication skills (in English)
• Proficiency in the following skills and technologies is mandatory:
o General principles of modular and concurrent programming
o MySQL Alchemy
o Continuous Integration/Delivery
o Modern deployment technics (Ansible, Docker)
We value a culture of excellence. We need web developers who are not only technically proficient, but also demonstrate the following qualities:
• Perfectionism when it comes to code quality
• Commitment to developing a simple, clean, and easily extensible and maintainable code
• Ability to work with and extend the existing code library
• Confidence that your talent is significantly above your peers and competitors
• A willingness to embrace the concept of iterative development as the means for building excellent products
• Obsessive commitment to quality