Role:- Java Developer with Market Data Experience
Location:- Englewood Cliff, NJ
Emp Typw:- Long Term Contract
Pay Rate:- 50-55/hr
VISA:- Any visa
Technology team is seeking an experienced Java/J2EE Developer who possesses a passion designing and developing market data related applications. They will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of Client flagship applications. Client offers a unique opportunity to be part of a of passionate, collaborative professionals team building applications used by millions of users daily.
Every day as a Market Data Developer is different. On any one day, you might:
• Design, develop and test Market Data applications
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, scope, and ship new features.
• Work on backend API services that the front-end teams integrate with.
• Design, develop and change complex distributed systems.
• Follow best engineer practices by ensuring unit-test coverage and working with QA on test automations.
• Ensuring application performance and best in class app rating is maintained.
• Minimum 5+ years of professional software development experience.
• Proficient in Java/J2EE technologies.
• Solid understanding of Object-Oriented Programming
• Solid background in developing and deploying J2EE applications on application servers like Tomcat.
• Good knowledge of Spring Core, Spring Boot, Spring MVC and Spring integration with Hibernate.
• Experience in Agile methodologies.
• Strong skills in understanding the existing Database Models and SQL.
• Knowledge in Unix Commands and scripting languages like Bash, Perl or Python.
• Solid background writing automated unit tests
• Comfortable working with Git, Jenkins and Jira.
• Familiarity with build tools such as Maven, Gradle etc.
• Familiarity with Jenkins and continuous integration pipelines.
• Effective problem-solving skills and outstanding interpersonal skills.
• Basic understanding of Market Data Products and Systems.
• Knowledge of developing and building C/C++ applications is a plus.
• Good knowledge of network protocols, network programming, various optimization techniques and multi-threaded programming.